Paired Text (Paired Passages) have become popular with the Common Core State Standards, and getting students engaged in these can be taunting. This is on popular video games and will have the students’ interested in reading. Not only does it cover interesting topics, but it also has Common-Core aligned questions and writing prompts to go with it.
- 2 Passages (6th-7th Grade Level Reading)
- Teacher Guide
- Question Breakdown
- Context Clues Question Set – 4 Multiple Choice
- Evidence-Based Question Set – 2 Multiple Choice, 1 Short Constructed Response, and 1 Extended Writing Response
- Digital GOOGLE Version of Activity – Google Slides
- Printable Version of Activity
- Venn Diagram for Compare/Contrast (Printable and Digital Included)
- Writer’s Checklist
- Answer Keys
- 7-Point Rubric
You may also be interested in my other Paired Text version of this at the 8th-9th grade reading level – This would be PERFECT for differentiating!