How is your mental health, my fellow teacher? Read below to check in and grade your own health halfway through this first semester.
Who needs a mental health check-in? I do!
How are you, friend?
We have finally reached the end of October and moving into the holiday months!
Sometimes at this point, I feel like time has been moving SO SLOWLY, and other times…I can’t believe it is already November!
Surely, by now, you are done with conferences and feel like you are getting into a solid routine in your classroom! That hard stuff is over and congratulations on making it through!
Now we need to start preparing for the chaos of the Thanksgiving and Christmas season!
Sit down! Take a breath! Let’s do a mental check-in, shall we?
- Am I happy?
- Have I created a daily routine that works well for MYSELF as well as my students?
- Have I established boundaries with my students, parents, administrators, and myself 🥴 to keep my mental and emotional health in check?
- Have I been focusing on healthier and happier thoughts?
- Have I checked in with my circle of supportive coworkers who help me keep my mental health in check?
- Have I been partaking in a hobby that does not relate to school?
- Have I been balancing my work and home life in a healthy way?
Remember, staying healthy is all about controlling what we can control!
If you answered no to one or two of the above questions…
If you answered no to several of the questions…
It may be best to seek some help from your administrator or counselor. They can help you set your boundaries, balance your work/home life, and/or dig deeper into your mental health needs!
All I can say, is you have a RIGHT to FIGHT for your mental health.
So, get to fighting!